Welcome to my blog

PLease enjoy my blogisms. . I am so fortunate to be able to paint and share my successes and failures with you . I was alate starter in the art field but became thoroughly passionate about painting in the 1980s so quite a few years have gone by in my evolution through a variety of mediums
I will write about what I am currently doing so come on back.

Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring has Sprung ! Maybe summer too.
This is the time of year when Art Shows proliferate and decisions about how much one person can fit in.
The Watercolor Beyond the Obvious  class I took part in for 10 weeks was amazing. I think I am still recovering. I have been in a bit of a slump since. However I have sorted paintings into..Finished, need work, and not going anywhere.
Want to keep you all updated on the next few weeks.
Today we hung a show at the Bankhead Theater Founders Room in Livermore. Eight of my watercolors and mixed media and eight of Linda Beachs pastels. The reception is Tuesday April 24th from 6pm -8pm. There will be a second reception on Wednesday, May 9th , 6pm -8pm. These are the only times this show will be open to the public and free. If you are in the area please come .
I have started teaching a Watercolor Basics class on several Mondays through June. First was on Monday. Four more scheduled.. April 30th, May 14th, June 4th and 18th.
The first weekend in May is Open Studios in Fremont. I will be at The Fremont Art Centre in Niles Sat and Sun, 11am - 5pm. Address is 37697 Niles Blvd.
In June I will participate in an Art Show at Regans Nursery in Union City. This is a great venue . I look forward to it. By the time that is over John will be out here for a week just before we leave for a trip to China with Bonnie and Hannah.

No comments: